- Instead of questioning public officials.
If you run a government operation- these are the reporters you want to see on interview day:
In an emergency- deputies will be away from regular duties while cooking?
MREs work well for emergencies- no need to have deputies spend 2 years trying to get a kitchen up & running.
Another video from the same local station:
Why are none of these questions being asked?
One of our local TV stations recently informed us about Homeland Security gunboats on Puget Sound.
This hard-hitting interview was an opportunity to answer most FAQs.
Serious subject matter- covered like an elementary school field trip down to the fire station- except- students might come up with some intelligent or interesting questions at the fire station.
What questions went unasked?
1) How does the gunboat protect the ferry if a bad guy is already onboard? The Washington State Patrol uses dogs to check vehicles at some ferry terminals on some days. Walk-on passengers are not checked at any terminal- at any time.
2) “Terrorists” (If they really are out to get us) can communicate just like teenagers- they can wait in line and ride the ferry just like anyone else. What would stop terrorists from riding the ferry and alerting each other if they see a US Coast Guard escort or Washington State Patrol dogs sniffing cars prior to loading?
3) If a terrorist wanted to get their boat dangerously close to a ferry- they could just put it on a trailer and drive it on- what would prevent this?
4) What stops terror strikes on the days US Coast Guard gunboats are not providing escorts on any given route or Washington State Patrol dogs are not on duty at any given terminal?
Video promoting the drug war-
Another report treating viewers as if they are part of an elementary school field trip:
Much more to the story:
Our free and independent press recently informed us on Olympic Peninsula US Border Patrol operations.
The article reads like paid advertising or something produced by US Border Patrol public relations.
Most of the photos used in the article were provided by the federal government.
Best case scenario- elected officials, public agencies, & a free and independent press work together to keep people informed.
Photo- Port Hadlock Transit Center